- Based in Germany / UK / South Asia / India
- No prior coding experience expected
- Socially motivated
- Experimental mindset
- Curious to explore creating with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies
- Women artists & designers with a desire to incorporate tech into their practice are encouraged
Benefits to Fellows
- You’ll learn about the evolution of AI
- You’ll build a show-worthy interactive AI based artwork in addition to smaller creative experimental pieces
- You’ll showcase selected works at our finale online exhibition promoted by Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan Bangalore, British Council Architecture, Design & Fashion, British Council India, Islington Mill & Jaaga
- You’ll meet and engage closely with our world-class Provocateurs & Facilitators
- You’ll become a member of the curated global community of creators on dara.network
- You’ll have access to stay in touch directly with your cohort and the growing community of CoLab techartists
- You’ll learn and have access to Runway ML
Who can apply?
We are looking for people with the following prerequisites:
- Emergent professionals – Artists, Architects and Designers with a minimum of 3 years of experience in their chosen field
- Creators based in Germany, South Asia, India or the UK
- Genuine curiosity about embracing technology into one’s creative practice
- Open to peer engagement and collaborative work
- Willing to commit 4+ hours a day for fellowship duration
- Have good working knowledge of at least one audio/ video/ graphic editing/ production software (eg. Adobe Suite, Ableton Live, Final Cut Pro, SketchUP, Rhino)
Applicants will be required to have the following technical support:
- A computer (desktop or laptop) manufactured on or after 2015
- Computers must have minimum 8GB RAM
- Webcam & mic (internal or external) + headphones
- Broadband internet connection (minimum 8 MBPS)
- Smartphone – Android (Model 7 or above) / IOS (Model 6 or above)
How do I apply?
Note – you will need a Gmail Account to apply. If you don’t, and would not like to get an account please mail hello(at)jaaga.in. Mention “CoLab Gmail Acc Issue” in the subject line.
The online application form will take about 20 minutes to complete. Please set aside enough time to complete the form. Applications must be filled in English. Applications received in other languages will not be considered.
What will be required for filling out the application?
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) as a PDF
- A Statement of Purpose (not more than 200 words) outlining how and why this fellowship will influence your current and future practice as a PDF
- A portfolio website or PDF (not more than 10MB) of previous work must be submitted with your application
If you have specific requirements and need to submit your application in a different format, please reach out to us at email@example.com
When is the application deadline?
The application deadline is 30 September 2020, 23:59hrs GMT
What makes my application ineligible?
- Only Germany, South Asia, UK & India based creators can apply
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Applications not received by the deadline will not be considered
Note: Please allow an appropriate amount of time based on your Internet’s speed to upload all your documents before the deadline.
Questions to prepare for in the Application Form
- Educational qualifications
- Work experience
- Public presentations / shows / publication links
- Software knowledge
- Curriculum Vitae
- About your creative journey
- What is your understanding of TechArt
- Your area of expertise in the creative sector
- About your previous artistic collaborations.
- What did you learn from the process?
- Statement of Purpose
- Portfolio Attachment / Link
What criteria do we look for in evaluating an application?
Eligible application will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Strength of your artistic practice and/or professional career as evidenced in your portfolio
- Strength of statement of purpose for applying to this fellowship
- Strength of your capacity and commitment to your field